January 1, 2021
Astoria Nursing & Rehabilitation Center wishes you a Happy New Year! May 2021 be blessed!
December 24, 2020
This holiday season will be different than any other in our lives. While we can’t be as close as we would like, or get together in person, we can send our messages of grace and love via video to all of you: our staff, our residents, their friends and families, and the amazing Grace and Rupert. We here at Astoria Nursing & Rehabilitation Center present to you this All I Want for Christmas video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqqpC0jYcA&feature=youtu.be
June 21, 2020
May 8, 2020
Astoria Nursing & Rehabilitation Center will be celebrating Mother’s Day with socially distanced activities and a special meal served in patients’ rooms. The activities include color-me paddle fans and door-hanger crafts. On the menu is grilled salmon with dill sauce, lemon-orzo pasta, and a chocolate éclair for dessert.
May 6, 2020
To prevent the spread of the Coronavirus at Astoria Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, we are working to keep the virus from entering the building in the first place. We do this by:
- Restricting all visitors to our residents except in the case of end-of-life situations
- Actively screening anyone entering the building (staff, ancillary staff, vendors, and consultants) for fever and symptoms of COVID-19 before starting each shift
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the residents themselves, we are:
- Cancelling all group activities and keeping residents occupied in their own rooms
- Enforcing social distancing between residents
- Ensuring all healthcare providers wear PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Identifying infections in residents as early as possible
- Actively screening all residents daily for fever and symptoms of COVID-19
- Immediately isolating any symptomatic residents
- Cleaning and disinfecting the facility regularly
Additionally disinfecting the facility using a DisNfek UR4 machine which uses UV-C light technology to disrupt the DNA of viruses and bacteria and keep them from multiplying. We also use this machine on our uniforms and PPE.
March 13, 2020
At Astoria Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, we take the health and safety of our residents seriously. In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and local health departments, we are limiting and screening visitors to our facility. If you have any questions, please contact us at 818-367-5881.